Thank you to our guest blogger Sarah Emerson for this entry.
For more information about Sarah and her social media links, subscribe to her blog at: www.momminintherealworld.com
I love to hear the crazy questions and stories that my four-year-old daughter comes up with. She has quite the active imagination. I have started keeping a list and writing them down in the back of her baby book.
She has asked me, “Who was Snow White’s teacher?” “Where does the trash man live?” “If I marry someone from Disney World will I have to be a part of their family?” “If you’re bad and Santa brings you coal, do you have to eat it?”
A few nights ago at dinner, she told her brother, “Oscar, eat your finger sticks!” Today she told Grandma, “I don’t know why Mom goes to work, all she does is sleep there!”
My son hasn’t started putting sentences together yet, but I can’t wait to hear what he’ll dream up too. I decided to come up with a list of questions that are sure to create some laughs for the whole family and also help you get to know your little people better. For extra fun, video your child’s responses or write them down and ask the questions again sometime in the future to see how they change.
Here are some questions I came up with. What more can you add to the list?
- Who is your favorite superhero and why?
- If you could only wear one color of clothes for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What is the funniest story you ever heard?
- How old is [insert name here]?
- What is the grossest food you can think of?
- How many children do you want to have when you are older?
- What is your dream job?
- What do you do better than anyone else?
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever seen/done?
- What is your favorite thing to do with [insert name here]?
- If you were rich, what would you do with your money?
- What do you think makes a good friend?
- If you could pick one superpower to have, what would it be?
- What is your funniest joke?
- Would you rather meet the a leprechaun or the Tooth Fairy?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is [insert name here] really good at doing?
- What makes you feel happy?
- Would you rather be a fish or a bird? Why?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you want to have with you?
- Do you have a special talent?
- What was the best day of your life?
- What are your 3 favorite ice cream flavors?
- What do you love most about our family?